Friday, June 24, 2011

Double Rainbow All the Way


color makes me happy

One positive thing I have learned over the summer is there is nothing wrong with incorporating brilliant color into your lives, wardrobe, and home.  Just have bold courage to do it!  Maybe if everyone in the world believed in fabulous color, we'd all be happier.  Like this guy... 

{ok, maybe he's a little extreme, but he does share my love for color while sending a pretty potent message: don't do drugs}


Wouldn't the World be a little happier if you found any of these while walking down the street?



After living in this white sanitarium of an apartment and not wanting to be part of the Utah home decorators' status quo {neutral colors and wooden decorative objects}, I refuse to not have {tasteful} bright color in my life... Such as yellow, blue, or dare I mention under-appreciated colors like purple and orange!  


Wouldn't a room like this look fantastic anywhere?



{http://www.bdgstyle.blogspot.com}

How about a little more crisp, bold, and beautiful?







{most interiors found at:  Angeleno Interiors or Hiya Papaya}

If you don't dig the white crisp look, how about these with warmer colors?

 


You definitely DON'T want to go making your house {or wardrobe} look like a psychedelic playground, but adding touches of bold and vibrant color in any room will brighten up your life! {especially in a room decorated with dark wood and furniture}


I want to express my appreciation for my mother, grandparents, and some of the mothers I grew up around in St. Louis who are bold color lovers like myself.  One day, I came home and my mom painted our living room bright red...  I loved visiting my Grandpa's house as a child because I used to love peaking into the peach formal living room and the dark rich furniture/decor in the home that was always accented with color somehow...  Another dear family friend painted her garage and front door a deep vibrant plum...  While another family had a salmon pink and hunter green colored dining room....  FANTASTIC!  Though they sound crazy and over the top, these projects were done tastefully and looked marvelous.  {Note: red, and other bold color are over-bearing if it's not done properly so beware and experiment first before you do anything too drastic!}

1 comment:

  1. Cute blog! I didn't know it existed until now so I have been reading some of your old posts...sounds like you guys are having quite the adventure in Philly! When you guys get back to Provo we will have to have lots of married people parties so I can get to know you better ha ha. Hope the rest of your summer goes well!

    ReplyDelete