Monday, May 2, 2011

The {mini} Honeymooners

Because we didn't have a lot of time between our wedding and Ryan's summer work schedule in Philadelphia, we did a "mini" honeymoon until December break. We're hoping to go on a cruise to the Bahamas, but we shall see where in the world we end up going. But for now, our {mini} honeymoon was SO fun!

First, we stayed at an incredible hotel called the Vdara which is part of the Cosmopolitan Center. We originally were going to stay in this awesome suite that hand a 180 view of the strip, but when the bellboy took us to 'our' room, we quickly realized it was also someone else's...because of the mistake, they upgraded our room to a penthouse on the TOP floor! It was absolutely amazing. We had a great view of the entire Strip AND to our wonderful surprise we had complete view of the Bellagio Fountains {bea-u-ti-ful at night!}

Here's the view:

View from our bedroom window
Our penthouse living room and kitchen
Living Room


I felt like a princess the entire time I was there. The Vdara is ultra luxurious {and not a bad price} I REALLY didn't want to leave. One night I took a bath with complimentary bath crystals and the cleaning lady didn't restock them the following day. I wanted another bath the next night, but didn't have any, thus, my very favorite memory of the Vdara was when Ryan called the front desk requesting more.
The conversation went as follows:
"I need more bath salts, could you please bring them up?"
"bath salts?"
"yes, bath salts. I want to take a bath and I don't have any."
"bath salts?!?"
"yes, you heard me correctly, please get them up here as soon as possible because I want to take a bath and I can't because I don't have bath salts!...Thank you. Goodbye."

It was really funny listening to my burly husband ask for bath salts. Oh I have SUCH a wonderful hubby. Needless to say, I enjoyed a nice warm soak at about 1 AM because of him!

While we were in Vegas we went to O by Cirque du Soleil at the Bellagio and Phantom of the Opera at the Venetian. I highly recommend both! O was neat because the entire stage was made of water with a moving floor beneath it. The performers did an assortment of acrobatics and dives. The show was a little eerie and had clowns in a dreamworld setting so don't get freaked out if you go! The Phantom of the Opera had stellar voices and the special effects made you feel like you were actually there in the opera house! I highly recommend both shows!

Us getting ready to see O

In front of the Venetian waiting for Phantom to start

While we were there we got to try really yummy restaurants like Tao, DOC, Rainforest Cafe, and Mon Ami Gabi. Tao had asian food comparable to PF Chang's and an even better atmosphere. DOC is a little cafe in the Cosmo and is delish! Seriously if you like Italian you should definitely try it out. My FAVORITE was Serendipity II's frozen hot chocolate at Caesar's Palace. mmm.
We sat out side and enjoyed people watching along the Strip

...and gobbled up our dessert very quickly!

We did a lot of exploring during our stay and stumbled upon cool places like these:


The day before we had to leave, Ryan and I stopped by the aquarium exhibit at Mandalay Bay. There were some cool lizards and big scary sharks. I'm just glad there were all behind thick glass!


Our honeymoon was a perfect mini retreat from all the stresses we were under because of school and wedding planning. We made lots of great memories and I already wish I was back there!

No comments:

Post a Comment