Monday, December 20, 2010

Leaving on a Jet Plane:::

Today I took Ryan to the airport. We stayed at Paige and Eric's house for the weekend since school was over and we needed a weekend escape from Provo and all the stresses associated with that area. Of course, we procrastinated packing up his suitcases because that made it more real that he'd be gone for a week. So, Ryan woke me up around 5 AM and I helped him finish laundry and pack, then we drove off to the Salt Lake City airport.

I was completely fine and unemotional until we pulled into the Delta station at Terminal 2 and I completely lost it. We had a totally epic 'in the movies' goodbye and I tried so hard not to cry but, the faucet started going and didn't stop until I was halfway home on the highway. It sounds pathetic but, this is going to be a very difficult week. I have never gone over 24 hours without seeing Ryan since I came back from my family's cabin over General Conference weekend. Now begins the countdown for me to come to Memphis: 8 days. Whoa! Which me luck and sanity!

No comments:

Post a Comment