Monday, March 26, 2012

Happy 24th Ryan

Ryan thinks he's officially an old man now that he's turned 24 {gosh, he's already got one foot in the grave at this ripe age}.

To celebrate, I took the day off and spent all day with Ryan.  We got Sushi with Paige and Eric and then went to see the Hunger Games on IMAX.  We kept it pretty simple and low key, but it was just a fun day and stressless--which was really needed.

Ryan's presents weren't a surprise unfortunately because of Paige's inability to lie and Eric's pestering of receipt reading {I hid my receipt with hers thinking Ryan wouldn't find it...good idea yet bad choice}.  But I ended up getting him a gift card to Cabela's to get fishing gear and then I got him some tee shirts that he desperately needed.

Sunday night we had a mini birthday celebration and invited all of our friends over for yummy goodies and cake.  The cake was FANTASTIC...not trying to toot my own horn or anything.  I used Ryan's Mama's recipe for his favorite apple cake which is amazingly yummy, however I changed it a bit by using 2 9in rounds to bake it in and frosting it with a caramel buttercream frosting.  Results: it just so happens that it got even yummier {we didn't think that was even possible).

I wish I had remembered to take pictures...I'm still kicking myself....

No comments:

Post a Comment