Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Little White Dress

I have finally found my wedding gown. It fits me like a glove and matches our wedding theme exactly! We're going for a timeless look with a hint of late 1940's charm. Let's face it Grace Kelly, Vivien Leigh, and Audrey Hepburn are fashion Goddesses. I don't want to look back at our wedding pictures in 20 years and say to myself, "What in the world was I thinking?" Basically, it boils down to the fact that I don't want to look like a Utah cupcake bride or a Disney Princess.

I LOVE Latter-Day Bride. The dresses are mint. My dress is an ivory satin mermaid cut with intricate antiqued beading throughout the bodice and train. It is gorgeous. It's the first dress that I tried on, but I knew I had to try other shops and styles before I just went off and purchased the first dress I saw. Well, poor mistake. I went to a shop down in Provo and every dress was HIDEOUS--one made me look like a white picnic table and another had this weird puffy cloud bottom so I looked like an angel atop a cloud. No bueno. Thus, forcing me to drive back to Salt Lake City and purchase my lovely dress I first wanted.

Now, I just have to find the perfect bridesmaids dresses which are going to be even harder to find than mine....

No comments:

Post a Comment